Circuit Court & Probate Court (Estate) Records
Tennessee Court System Prior to 1870 - an explination of the Tennessee Court System
Circuit Court Records - FREE Lookups
These are the loose records of the Henry County Circuit Court. They include both Civil and Criminal cases.
- Earliest (1818) to 1849 - Every Name Index - For Sale
- 1850 to 1859 - Organized by year (year of earliest court action in the file); then by surname and given name/s of plaintiff/s and (defendant/s.
- 1860 to 1930's/40's - Organized by year (year of earliest court action in the file), randomly filed by plaintiff within the year.
- 1930's/40's to circa 1984 - Organized by court case number. Our intent is to index these as volunteers become available.
Henry County Estate Settlements - FREE Lookups
These records were created when a person died with matters that still needed resolving by the courts. The primary purpose of the documents was to determine indebtedness or assets belonging to the estate; sell any unapportioned land and distribute the remaining proceeds among the heirs. Widow's dowers and homesteads were often established and guardians appointed for minor children. Litigation against the estate is often included. It is suggested that you check Circuit Court Records for possible additional documents.
- Earliest (1821) to 1955 - Every Name Index - For Sale
- 1956 to 1993 - Name of the deceased and the approximate year of death (-5+ years)
Henry County Wills - FREE Lookups
In addition to naming the testator, both of these volumes include anyone with the same surname, guardians, executors, administrators and witnesses to the documents. Many, with a different surname are included because their relationship to the testator is indicated such as grandchildren and/or married daughters. A "must" when trying to determine if your ancestor is included in local wills.
Administrator, Executor & Guardian Settlements - FREE Lookups
Guardianship reports from trustees, administrators and executors of wills. Also a good source for intestate records.
- 1839-1902 - Every Name Index - For Sale
- 1903 to Mar 1967 - Not Indexed
- Guardian Settlements - Aug 1880 to May 1967
Other Probate Records - FREE Lookups
- Administrator Bonds & Letters - April 1899 to Mar 1962
- Executors Bonds & Letters - Aug 1917 to Jul 1968
- Guardian Bonds - Oct 1867 to May 1968
- Estate Inventories - Dec 1886 to Aug 1928
- Henry County Intestates, indexed 1822-1860.
- Henry County Circuit Court Minutes, Film
- Henry County Court Minutes, Film, 1834-1968
- Henry County Chancery Court Minutes, Film, 1846-1968
- Henry County Court Administrations, Film, 1824-1968
- Henry County Executors & Guardians, Film, 1839-1968
Not Finding What Your Looking For?
We are happy to do a FREE look-up for most items in our collection. Due to the many requests, we are not able to assist with in-depth research, though have names of qualified local researchers who are willing to do in-depth research for a nominal fee. We will be happy to email you their contact information upon request.
To get started fill in all boxes in the form below and click submit. The Archive and you will both receive a copy of your query via email. Please allow us a week or so to follow-up on your request.
IF YOU REQUEST COPIES, You will be advised of the exact cost before being asked to send any money.